Old August 25th, 2010, 05:22 AM   #36
midknight
Darksider

Name: Britton

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV650S; 1982 Suzuki TS125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
According to whom?

According to me. I have seen a lot of people start on pot and get use to it and move on to more damaging drugs. Very close family members of mine have done this along with friends I had growing up.

With drugs legalized, there would be no jail time for these actions. People that "move on to other drugs" would likely have done this with or without marijuana. If pot doesn't cut it for you, pot doesn't cut it for you.

I disagree with you statement "if pot doesn't cut it for you, pot doesn't cut it for you". Maybe there are people that try pot and it doesn't cut it...but then they are looking for a better fix and once again....move on to other drugs.

There's no evidence of this, but it's frequently brought up in anti-marijuana arguments. While you're under the influence of it, yes. While at baseline, no.

I know from personal experience that pot impairs your senses. Like I stated in my original post...I used it in high school.

It's the strongest pain reliever there is that doesn't have physically addictive qualities. It slows the growth of cancerous tumors. If it weren't for marijuana, I'm pretty sure my grandmother would be dead (skin cancer and lupus).

I cannot disagree with the medical aspect of the drug. But there are many many many drugs that you can buy at a pharmacy for legitimit reasons, but if you go out and buy it without a prescription or use what you have for recreational purposes it is still illegal. I believe that with all the medicine we have today that there are many alternatives to marijuana's medical use or research can be done for an alternative to pot

And why is this a problem, exactly? I'll jump right onto the electric fence here: give me one reason, say, heroin should be illegal.

Other drugs do more damage to the body than good. Drugs that are snorted rot the nasal cavities and deteriorate teeth. Other drugs cause weight loss (maybe not such a bad thing...maybe there would be a few less fat chicks ) and eating disorders. There are many ill effects of other illegal drugs.

If drugs were government-regulated rather than prohibited, the drugs would be the same strength and purity, rather than things cut with god knows what. Constant potency means less risk of an overdose due to your gear being more potent than you expected.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Have you been into walmart lately? Compare their shoes to a pair of nike's or adidas...the quality is no where near the same. My point to this is, there will always be someone who tries to cut cost by making a lesser product to make a larger profit. Honestly, do you think regulations work? I feel that there are very few regulations in America that work or are even enforced.

It's nice to finally have someone on the other side to debate against.

Glad to have somebody to debate with...remember the views expressed in this quote are clearly my own opinion and not meant to upset anyone.
Have a good day ninjetters!
midknight is offline   Reply With Quote