View Single Post
Old August 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM   #32
pooter
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
I disagree that it would be a good middle step between a 250 and a 650. I think it would be an unnecessary step. A 250 is a good bike to learn on. But once you have this experience and are comfortable enough on the 250, you should be able to easily handle a 650. In fact, a 650 really isn't that bad for a first bike either. If you take insurance costs or any other cost differences out of the equation, I just don't understand why someone would want this 400 instead of the 250 or 650.
Yeah but why would I take insurance or other cost differences out of the equation? People ride for different reasons and one of my main reasons (other being I enjoy riding) is cost. My car is a tuned up sports car that is ton to insure and guzzles gas like crazy so my bike is supposed to be my economical commuter both in terms of mpg and insurance, so this is in fact a significant factor in my consideration. Like I said, I'm happy with the power of a 250, but would pay a bit more for different ergos and FI. The power increase from a 250 is a bonus, but would not really be my main motivation.
pooter is offline   Reply With Quote