View Single Post
Old August 28th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #1
davidgz
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

bike died, and now won't start

07 Ninja 250 3900 miles.

1) Other day was riding home from work, and it started acting like it was running out of gas, and died. (It has plenty of fuel in it.) I was able to start it several times with full choke but it would only go to about 1000 RPM, and die when I turned off the choke or tried to give it some throttle.

2) That night I came to the forum here, and read about trying it with the gas tank open. It ran great that night, and I let it run for several minutes with no problem.

3) Next morning after I let it run for several minutes while preparing to leave, and seemed to be fine. Then it died and started the same thing where it would barely run at 1000 rpm with full choke.

4) Over the last few days I added 2 ozs of "Seafoam" to the approx 2 gallons of gas in the tank, and it has deteriorated to where it won't start at all.

5) I have run the battery down too low to try again. I ordered a "Battery Tender Junior" at the advice of this forum.

6) Will someone one PLEASE tell me after charging the battery what my next step should be to get it running? It had been running perfectly for the month or so since I bought it until this problem. Thank you for any, and all suggested actions.
davidgz is offline   Reply With Quote