View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #8
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

Well I got everything packed for my small trip Thursday night. I have only had this little ninja for about a week now. 5 days of that 7 its been in the shop waiting on tires/sprockets and carb clean.

This is not my first ninja 250. I had bought an 07 for my kid to go to college on. He had no interest in it at all, so I ended up riding it for several hundred miles before I traded it in towards my 09 Versys. I remember how well that little 07 protected me from the wind, how comfortable the sitting position was....for over a year I regretted getting rid of that bike. Fast forward I have been hawking craigslist now for over a month. Came close to several times on some bikes...but I wanted the bike at my price. I knew if I waited long enough I would get the right bike. I ended up buying this little 02 with 2455 miles for only $1000.00! I got such a great deal on it that even though it had good tires with no dry rot I thought I'd treat myself to some new Kenda 671s.

This pic is on a bridge somewhere down in South Georgia near Baxley about 4 hours into my trip the speedo cable came loose from behind the speedometer. I pulled over on the bridge because it had a good wide spot to get over on. There was almost no traffic at all. Maybe 1 car every ten minutes I would meet.

During this time I got all gear off- it was slightly warm! and started to re-attach speedo cable. I was swarmed by mosquitos almost immediately. It was miserable instantly. I ended up having to put on full gear to fix bike.