View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #9
highpsiguy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 1981 Honda Cx500 Custom, 2002 Ninja 250

Like I said in earlier post I was headed down to South Ga. to surprise my life long friend DP. He recently quit his county job and decided to start a BBQ business. I thought I'd drop in on opening night and be free labor. I really want to see him succeed. Its been 6 to 8 months since I had seen him last. So with the new bike and his opening night....it looked like a good excuse to hit the road.

I show up in Nantahala only to find out that his opening night had to be postponed...o well I guess its the thought that counts. By this time its late in the afternoon after I visited with him for several hours. I decide that I am not thru riding and might as well keep heading south if I am not going to be serving BBQ. I end up just short of Jacksonville before I change my mind. The rain clouds look really bad further south. I have been riding in dozens of cloudbursts the entire trip. 1 to 2 minutes of rain to cool me off then back to cloudy. It was actually refreshing. But the clouds in Jacksonville look somewhat meaner. I get back on phone and ask him if I can stay at his place for the night- he had already offered but I thought it only polite. Sure! he says so back up the road north I go. I get caught in a heavy cloudburst and decide to pull over and put rain-flys over my cortech bags. I have done this many times- I have had these bags on several bikes. Once I reached back to Nantahala I was dissapointed to see my rear tail bag fly had been blown off. Great I think..where am I gonna find one of those again? Hey no big deal though really in the whole scheme of things. I have traveled almost 6 hours and no probs other than speedo and this...pretty good for not traveling this distance in a while.
I bed down for the night in the spare bedroom and sleep like a baby. My lower back is good and stiff from an old injury but hes got ice packs and ibuprofin...ahhh relief.
Next morning I head off only to get down the road about 10 miles and remember I didn't pack my cell phone charger and have to turn around and go back...duh I feel smart this morning.
I am only about an hour away from the coast. Its been about a year since I have seen the ocean and I am not in any particular hurry.
This pic is of the bridge that connects Brunswick GA to Jeckyll Island. This pic is on Jeckyll side. It is really an impressive bridge.

Last futzed with by highpsiguy; August 29th, 2010 at 01:39 PM.
highpsiguy is offline   Reply With Quote