View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #30
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
Yeah it does. I never have a problem finding neutral when I need to, just sometimes it seems to go there when I DON'T need to
Not sure why the light doesn't come on in those cases though.. maybe I'm half way between first and neutral?
Hmm... does the pregen have a "positive neutral finder" like the current gen? What it means is that if you are stopped in first gear, you just have to pull the lever up to get in neutral (no need for a "half pull"). I get into false neutrals often enough but it's almost always at speed between higher gears (the light doesn't light). I have had cases where the light would not come on and it wouldn't enter first because I downshifted after I stopped. It just seems to keep springing back up with no "clunk" until you move the bike and try again. To prevent it, you want to be in first before the tires stop then use the positive neutral finder to get neutral. From there, you can get a positive shift back into first and the indicators will work.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote