View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #47
wayanlam
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Wayan

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Z250

i ended up buying a second hand fender from someone that crashed their bike for like 10$

i chopped off the long ugly part, dremmeled it smooth, and had a custom metal number plate/reflector bracket welded up for me that fit in very well.

ill post a pic after i wash my bike later maybe. i tried using a pre-made fender eliminator like the one from sportisi, that cost me about $50, but it just did not fit well, and i am a bit picky when i see gaps, and when i have to force bike parts to almost breaking point to stick together, so i returned it after attempting to make it fit three times, lol.

so my home made one fits perfectly, i still have the little hooks where i can tie a sling to if i need. i still have the blinker bracket, but im not removing that since it has the metal bracket behind it. i plan to close up the holes with some matt black sticker tape or something. haven't gotten round to that since i took off the blinkers and just using the integrated LED blinkers some months back.

the only drawback that i find with having a fender chop/eliminator is when it rains, lol... splatter much...?