View Single Post
Old September 2nd, 2010, 04:39 AM   #35
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
If you pulled two (and maybe 3) spark plug wires, sure! The faster a bike can change direction from full lean one side to full lean the other side, the faster it's going to get around a track, given another bike with equal power.

Basically, the narrowest tire possible, that still provides enough of a contact patch to allow the available hp of the bike to hook up, is the sweet spot. It's why 125GP bikes have tiny tires, yet as the hp goes up in other classes the tires get wider and wider. It's not a style thing, it's just a matter of matching up the available power to the available grip. A tire that is larger than necessary to manage the available power, will result in a slower bike all around.
You mean you guys are not slipping all over the place???

It's official... green is faster!

Yeah I think I would have to admit that it is style this time. I ran out of HP mods. Hmmmm, is there a nitrous kit for this things? Take it easy, just kidding! I do however think that I would be more likely to push the lil 250 to its max knowing I have a larger contact patch. Maybe its style/mental.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote