View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2010, 07:45 PM   #33
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthesaddleagain View Post
Hey after Katrina, and up here the spring floods overboard is understandable. While we might never see tragedy like Katrina up here (no levies to break, and towns above sea level) better safe than sorry.
Pretty much they pray that every hurricane is a dud like this one. They have had many storms that dump inches of beach sand onto our property, heck I remember when I was little they had about a foot of sand dumped onto the property after a large storm and that is normal off shore storm activity. He said if a hurricane strong enough comes through the area it could destroy the cottage and there is a possibility that the erosion could be bad enough to prevent rebuilding.

Actually I do remember a story they told me recently that they had a guy come to the area with a deed in hand that he was left in a will. He was asking for a property that was a number after my family's cottage. My grandparents said that their cottage was last on the road. The guy was confused and had a land surveyor come out and it turns out that the property he had a deed for was in the middle of the ocean, that at one point the ocean used to be further away and a large storm came and shortened the beach.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote