View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM   #27
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaland View Post
yea... im not to much of a fan of that lol. mine would lay directly on the swing arm not making it bulkier
Well, the swingarm on the one you just posted has a bar that rises up and wraps around just like the fake on on the Sportisi with the only difference being that one is fake and has the area in between filled in. It doesn't have to be... there is a GSX-R styled one, also from Indonesia, that does it that way. It apes the GSX-R swingarm so well that it looks like it even fits the OEM Suzuki hugger piece, though I feel that it doesn't match the new-gen Ninjette very well (it may match the pregen better).

Edit:

That one is VERY similar to the one you suggested. You can see the copy on a J-series Ninjette and the original GSX-R hugger with the only difference I can see on the hugger piece being a mounting hole on the other side. The fake swingarm piece looks convincing and doesn't take too much of the angular look away or fill in the area, in case that was the visual aesthetic you didn't like about Sportisi's. It's the concept I'm trying to show, not the style of a particular design.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote