View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2010, 05:39 PM   #1
gtsigmanu2020
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Talking New rider from Atlanta

Hey guys! My name is Robert, I've been lurking around here for a while and since I broke my right thumb recently and can't ride for a few weeks I thought it's about time I introduced myself.

About me: I'm currently a 3rd year mechanical engineering student at Georgia Tech working part time as a valet. I used to own a 2000 BMW 328ci which I modded quite extensively, but I finally sold it last July to make way for the bike (a beemer doesn't quite fit into the college budget). I have been fascinated by sportbikes since I was a kid but never had the means or independence to get one until now. I bought the bike never having ridden a motorcycle in my life; took the MSF course that same week, got my license, jumped on the bike and didn't get off for the rest of the day. I have absolutely no regrets about getting rid of the car... riding just feels so natural to me!

The bike: I picked up a 2008 250r Monster Energy special edition with ~3k miles on the clock. I'm a born tinkerer and had cash left over from selling the car so I couldn't help ordering mods right away I installed a carbon fiber Yoshi full exhaust, Shogun frame sliders, Mustard Bikes fender eliminator (not pictured), reflective wheel tape, and a dark smoke Zero Gravity windscreen (not pictured.) The bike also came with a seat cowl and I have a Dynojet stage 2 jet kit which I will install as soon as I feel confident enough to do so. 3 months in and I haven't dropped it yet, hopefully it will stay that way.

Anyways, that's about it. I can't wait to take this little beast to the track as soon as I have some time (and money) next spring. If you guys have any tips as to how I can get involved in tracking/racing please let me know!

Thanks for reading!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00040-20100810-2107.jpg (103.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00037-20100810-2027_2.jpg (127.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00038-20100810-2031.jpg (111.1 KB, 3 views)
gtsigmanu2020 is offline   Reply With Quote