View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #22
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

When it comes to lower body protection I see myself using several combo's in this order:

1) dedicated riding jeans + knee armor (what i'm using now and i love it on the streets)
This to me is perfect for around town or going to school or shopping. Easy to put on and looks very normal minus the fact that you're carrying your other gear.

2) dedicated riding overpants with hip and knee armor - abrasion resistant + armor (I have the scorpion exowear Deuce overpants)
I like this idea if what I am wearing underneath is definitely not motorcycle rated clothing. Like shorts or other types of pants/slacks if I were to go to work. Overall I have not worn this combination too much because it feels like i'm going snowboarding and the armor isnt positioned as well.

3) riding pants with armor
At some point if I decide to get more spirited or spend some track time, this would be optimal but seeing as I'm super poor and I'm still a new rider, it probably wont happen for a while. No way are you going to walk around in it looking normal but if it's protection... this would be perfect and if you intend on getting it, I'd just go leather straight so you dont have to upgrade too soon.

4) normal jeans + underarmor like the bohn adventure pants
Haven't tried this combo but I've been thinking about it. Regular jeans plus armor covering most of my thigh/butt and leg/knee/shin area. Problem is no abrasion addon. I dont think there are really good abrasion underarmor in existence.

The day we make personal EM shields is the day i'll turn squid. I suppose if wolverine style healing were available I would consider it as well. It's kind of a toss up as to which will be invented first. lol

Point is, go with what your comfortable with because that is what you'll use most.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote