Old October 28th, 2010, 10:03 PM   #22
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsketch View Post
or.....

Buy a dell with a 3 year onsite warranty for about half the cost, then in 3 years when the macbook that is just so awesome, and will never get a virus is outdated, take the other half and buy a new dell with the same warranty

zomg - I fell in the 10th percentile that has an issue, zomg - a part is being delivered by fed ex 4 hours later with a fat guy to install it
Wow who shoved a broomstick up your ass. My cousin is a computer tech who services both pcs and macs and constantly bugged me to get a Mac. I don't have dumb issues with viruses or whatever but pure build quality is awful on pc systems. I've had hinges break, bulbs go out behind the screen, burned through 3 motherboards and an insane amount of ram, a couple harddrives, some faulty powercords that almost burned my carpet, a couple heatsink fans and gawd knows how many other things and you know what all these issues happened within 1-2 years of owning a new pc laptop. My MacBook cost the same amount as my hp and Dell and is hellofalot better not a single issue in 3 years. Why deal with the headache of a pos Dell that is unreliable and has some sort of magic internal clock that knows when 3 years are up and it magically explodes.

My Mac works doesn't crash, doesn't blue screen, doesn't magically turn off or do anything irritating that any of my pcs did. Yes I do know the "threat" of a virus if the Mac sensation continues but i honestly dont care because none of my pc issues were virus based.

Oh and I'm sorry if there is any random gibberish as I'm typing from an iPhone.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote