View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:02 PM   #40
Bueller999
Oldie but a goodie

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 650r, 06 SV 650 race, 08 250r race, 03 Buell XB9s, 01 KTM 300 EXC

These threads make me laugh, for a very short time. I have been riding one form or another of bike for 42 years and have worn everything, and near nothing. We don't have a helmet law in CO, thanks be we still have the right to choose something for ourselves. I wear a helmet 98% of the time but I do enjoy riding my loud ass Buell sometimes without, I also ride in jeans, running shoes and a T once in awhile. I must be a squid?
I really don't care what you wear and you shouldn't let my choices bother you. It is risk assessment and acceptance of the consequences. When I hit the hills or go to the track I have full leathers, when I go dirt biking I have full gear. When I teach people to ride or talk about it to others, I will promote as much gear as they can afford but I don't slam them or call people names because they don't want to wear it either. In the same breath, I don't like to stereotype riders because of the bike they enjoy.
Bueller999 is offline   Reply With Quote