View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #20
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
I guess the 06 - 07 gsxr 600/750 shocks has that little red cap (the installed one) and on the reservoir has that little knob.
08-09 one is the blue cap (uninstalled pic).

Does the little extra knob on the 06/07 rear shock is to refill nitrogen as compared to the later model (08/09) which doesn't have one??
This is correct. The shocks are identical minus the nitrogen refill nipple.

2wheelguy: I was dragging the kickstand while tracking with the stock rear shock. This last track day with the new shock, I would definitely have hit it again, as I also was dragging my exhaust shield.

Speaking of track day, the new rear shock is AWESOME. Three of us were running it on our ninjas there, and we all came to the same conclusion that it worked WAY better than the stock one. We all backed off the compression damping about a half turn, while leaving the rebound at the original setting and found that it worked out really well.

The only downside is that installing it really just made my stock front forks feel even worse. With the amount of grip that the bt-003s have, and the amount of loading that I was putting into them, any bumps no matter how small would put the forks down onto the bumpstops and cause the front to chatter some. Even when there weren't bumps, the front end would feel somewhat floaty and disconnected, and not as progressive as it should feel when the tire began to chatter.
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote