View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:41 AM   #17
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Strangely, I finally started using my earplugs on my new, longer, commute and I can finally hold a telephone conversation at freeway speeds (Parrot SK4000). I wasn't wearing them before because I had enough problems hearing it already.
Well, it turns out that the Parrot SK4000 just can't overpower earplugs when listening to music, radio, or menu prompts. I can't hear the Caller ID prompts but I can hear the caller just fine. WTF?!

I started the A2DP music source (my iPhone 4) and left work today and by the time I was on the freeway I couldn't even tell it was on. Whenmy brother called, I could barely tell that he was calling and really only noticed it because I was listening intently as I tried to see if I had successfully switched to the FM radio input/source. Even then, all I could tell was that it didn't say "Radio," "Telephone," or "Bluetooth Audio," so I hit the button to answer it.

The Parrot kid can be painfully loud when off the bike and not wearing earplugs, so this will be a problem with any kit that has a lower music volume than telephone conversation volume.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote