View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #41
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeo127 View Post
i was just reading your forum! so your saying it might be the flash relay? i bought a fl thermal flasher i should exchange that one then, this wiring is a pain! but thanks for the advice i'll try it out and let you know how it goes in acouple of hours
Might that be an "FL-32" thermal flasher? If so, I can say that's almost definitely your problem. That's what I had in to generate the weird stuff in the post I linked above. Most 'thermal flashers' are mechanical and not designed for the low resistance from LED flasher bulbs.
To solve it, I purchased a CF12ANL-01 from SuperBrightLEDs.com (direct link) which seems to correct it. Also the LF1-S-PIN & LF1-S-FLAT should work, but will require a little wiring to bridge the relay and the stock wiring. There's a bunch of other LED flashers on the market, many of them less expensive, but that's what I used. I can't guarantee the relay is your issue, but that's what it sounds like to me and it's a very common problem.

Unfortunately I'll be on the road for a couple days, but the others around should be able to help out if that's not it and I'll check back soon as I can.