View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #112
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Everything from 112 to 105 on the mains gives the same top speed of around 95mph (i.e. no change in power from stock with the snorkel removed). With the 105s, it sounded cleanest up top, but part-throttle response was worse than stock (especially around 3-5k) due to being lean. The needles were already on the 4th position, and the mixture screws with #40 pilots were already set a bit rich. So, I didn't bother going down to 102 mains, figuring there was no way one more clip position was enough to get the midrange back with smaller mains.

This is with a K&N pod filter and stock exhaust.

When I first put on the filter and had the stock #98 jets, even with 4 shims on the stock needles, I could not go past 1/4 throttle and was basically speed limited to about 50mph due to it being unable to rev past about 6k. Am I missing something? How is it making the same power but requiring so much more fuel to run than before?

Thanks.

*edit*

Err, wait, can I put washers below a clip at the 5th setting? Or would needing to do that be a sign of needing to go back up in main size?