View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:31 PM   #6
dkstariob
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): None

No, the bike was fine. But I didn't really have time to ride it as I picked up a weekend job (work 7 days a week now because one of my hobbies is making money) and registration was set to expire as well as my insurance needing to be renewed. Also I found a guy that bought it a little bit more than what I paid for. I only put 1500 miles on it but I did drop it, decreasing its value. Also if I were to ever get a Ducati 848 in the future, I had to free some salary cap space (NBA nerd lol).

I kept the 250 because, like I said, it was the first bike. Also, if I sold the 250 and I would not get the price I would want. People say 250s have great resale value but I really beg to differ.

I fight traffic everyday and the 250 is super comfortable. I only need to feed it 87 compared to 91 gas which I love. I get way better gas mileage. It is much more cost effective. Yes I did feel like a demi god on the R6 but u-turns were a chore. On the 250, I feel extremely confident on it. I control the bike much better as it is much more nimble. The only thing I would ever change about it is 1. needs to be fuel injected 2. needs louder stock pipe.
dkstariob is offline   Reply With Quote