View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:57 PM   #16
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

I use my ninja to commute mon-fri to work. It's between 2 and 2 1/2 hours one way so I ride for a total of 4 1/2 hours a day, 5 days a week. I live in Japan so the traffic is pretty crazy at times. Because I drive so much every day I noticed very quickly my bad posture giving me incredible discomfort, especially in my hands, back, and my butt. A lot was solved when I ordered a Buttbuffer seat pad which in turn helped correct my posture because I was more comfortable. I still had a little problems with my hands and gripping too tight but not as much. I finally solved my problems with my hands when I did some fine tunning on the angle of my clutch and brake levers which forced my hands into a better position that was more comfortable.

Another trick is (if they have them in the states) to wear a super thin pair of white cotton gloves as inserts, the same as what taxi drivers wear.

I recommend starting from your center (spine) and working your way to your extremities (hands and feet) when it's dealing with fatigue or pain.
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote