View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #43
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I have both a tank bag and a backpack, but prefer the backpack in most cases. My tankbag is a Joe Rocket Manta, it just marks the hell out of my tank, and is too small to hold work documents, any gear, etc. I'll use it to hold keys/wallet/etc. on a short pleasure ride in the heat, but for commuting I use a MotoCentric Centrek Backpack.

With the backpack, I'm very hesitant about putting anything on my body that could be a weapon in a big crash, so I won't carry: 1) parts or tools; 2) pens/rulers/etc; 3) anything metal or plastic or glass that could break into anything sharp except my cell phone; 4) weapons, ammunition or anything explosive (/me glares at ungluck and jmcdonald).

With limitations on what you carry, I feel a close fitting motorcycle-specific backpack built with protective material (mine is 1700D ballistic), reflective logos or striping, and a minimum of straps to flap around or get caught on stuff, is a decent risk/reward and could even act as protection in case of an accident.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jr1.jpg (7.3 KB, 298 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-MotoCentric-Centrek-Backpack.jpg (51.8 KB, 2 views)

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote