View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #19
onizthegnome
certified newbie

Name: oniz

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by setasai View Post
I think I'd have to agree with coondog. Unless the previous 3 owners have anything remotely close to service records, I'd assume that the oil probably hasnt been changed very many times if at all. I'd treat it as new and do some frequent oil changes. Use conventional oil to save money and change it every 200-400 miles for the next 1000 miles.

Just curious, if you knew it was totalled/salvage title, why'd you buy it? Did you get a good deal on it?
well the dude that sold it to me said it was a clean title at first. later after he showed me the title, i noticed it said salvage rebuilt. he seemed shocked about it, claimed that he didnt know and that made me upset. so he lowered the price a little and at the same time i kind of had that impulse to buy it since i didnt think anything was extremely wrong with it except a few cosmetic cracks that could only be seen up close. i gave it a test ride and it was fine. it was the cheapest deal on craigslist so far and all the other sellers were trying to sell their ninjettes for up to 4,500 which blew my mind.