View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM   #57
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
Is it really a safe option to pass on the other side of the same vehicle trying to block you? I would think the better option would be to wait until you have a clear opening in the lane next to you and use that to pass in stead of possibly getting into an accident with someone clearly not wanting you to pass.
We each have to make that decision both individually and in situ. To my mind, that type of person is going to spend a lot of time checking their mirror to see where I'm at to keep me from getting by, therefore devoting less than "enough" attention to the road ahead. And I need to devote a good portion of my attention on what this a-hole is doing, which takes away focus from the other cars/trucks around me. Sometimes I'll wait, sometimes I pass them. It depends on the circumstances, but usually I lean towards the pass. If I wasn't such a realist, I'd probably be shocked that there are still cagers here in CA who feel slighted because they are stuck in a cage while the 2 wheelers roll on by in traffic.

I forgot to add that the situation I mentioned is when the traffic is stopped. The idiot doing the blocking does not have enough room to make a counter move. While actually moving, 98% of the time I hang back.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote