View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM   #8
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

I've experienced several scenarios that began like this. I assume the horn (which I can barely hear past my earplugs) will be inaudible through the closed windows of a car at any distance. Instead what I do is flash my high-beams whenever I get the slightest hint that they're not seeing me. On more than one occasion a car that has started to move slams on the brakes when I do that and an accident was likely avoided.

Honestly, I truly believe that if you could show on a screen what many drivers see when they're looking in your direction (no, not at you, just your direction) you'd see a motorcycle-shaped blank spot where you were.

Given the damage on the car I'd say it's a sure bet your bike is totaled in the sense the frame is likely bent. You've got a pretty sizable settlement coming your way from the driver's insurance, hopefully you don't have to take them to court. Given the nature of your injuries and the circumstances, I would seriously entertain the notion of getting a lawyer because I'm betting the insurance company's going to try lowballing you by $10-20 thousand bucks. Check out these guys:

http://www.aimncom.com/

And don't sign any medical releases until you're completely healed. Though it's possible to go back after them for secondary claims after doing so, it's a lot more difficult and expensive in both time and effort.

Glad you "walked" away from this one, over four thousand of us won't be this year.
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote