View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #21
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyckedflesh View Post
Den, this has been disproved but many different testing firms here in recent years. Basically what they found is that if your foot suffers enough trauma to crush the steel or composite section enough to actually amputate the toes, without that cap, you would lose the toes anyways.
That's what I was gonna say.

I wear general black leather high-topped boots. My first pair were steel-toed, but the ones I have now happen to not be. They aren't particularly thick and I've never had a problem riding with them. I spend about an hour per day on the bike and never had any issues with the laces.

I don't wear anything more motorcycle-specific because not only do I wear them all day every day, but I typically run in them and they also look nice enough to wear out or, when the big wigs won't be around, pass for "dress shoes" at work so I don't have to change out of them :P .

These are what I have now. I low-sided hard enough to break off the foot peg mount, and the boot was a little scuffed, but I sustained no injury. This is not to say I think they are as good as full-length racing boots, but I DO think they would fit in quite well with your average "street" boots as far as comfort, aesthetics, and protection.
http://www.payless.com/store/product...splayName=Mens

*edited for some clarifications*

Last futzed with by JMcDonald; February 11th, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
JMcDonald is offline   Reply With Quote