View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #40
Gregular
Not on the rug... man

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Diablo Black Ninja 250r, 2009 Triumph Daytona 675 Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
Congrats, Greg. I know you must be like a kid in toy store being as you've waited for what must have seemed like forever.

Some better pics when you can... perhaps w/ a flash??
Yes , I'm well stoked! I now have 2 loves in my life.
Progress has been slow as I'm glad to say I got to spend time with my other love and she takes priority every time

But yeah, better pics to follow (especially for the DIYs) and that was with a flash lol. Maybe I'll have to try with the garage open for extra light but its freezing outside over here.
What doesn't help is the limited space so I cant get good angles. I'll sort something out and that's a hawaii 5 0 promise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
on those black bikes, it's so hard to see detail.
the inherent problem of owning black, even when on a stand they are too quick for the camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Nice looking bike Greg. It will be fun to follow your upgrades. Question, what kind of rack are you going to install to get that golf bag to the links. Maybe something on the left side to mirror the muffler?
Holy Columbo skills! From that small glimpse, you could tell that was a golf bag! But like the idea, should make it alot quicker round the course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinss View Post
gratz, you got your black bike!

the wireless camera looks nice, is it possible to record with it?
Maybe, I haven't looked into it yet.
Apparently the visibility with my indicator mirrors is worse than stock and I like checking my mirrors, I do it alot in my car. Really miss the rear view mirror on the bike, so that's the driving force behind this, well that plus I don't want to be turning my head on the motorway too much.

But once I have next months pay in through the post and I've worked my way though all the mods so far (I have to get though adding what I have so far first as I'm finding it quite hard with the limited space to plan it all and minimise the times I remove panels/modify wiring etc) I will be adding this recorder (it comes in a package with a camera)

and they have a video switch to allow multiple cameras so maybe its possible, time will tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Personally I'm watching the camera/monitor install... I've been waiting for someone to do this on a 250r. I don't know how you are planning to mount the monitor, but I think right above the cluster would loog great!
Yup, right above the cluster is where it will go, fingers crossed. This screen is the main reason I went for the dark smoke double bubble. It should help to cut out any glare - the screen does come with a tiny sun shield and has adjustable contrast brightness etc but every bit helps and I've had to use laptops out on the airfield - even slightly sunny days make that an almost impossible task.
I want to try and shield it as much as possible from water too as the unit doesn't appear to be sealed, water will deffo get into it around the buttons if submerged so I'm gonna experiment with some clear silicon which should be flexible enough to allow the buttons to operate and help prevent any water getting in. All to come in the DIYs

Will be a couple of weeks all in at least.
I'm trying to do the rear of the bike first, but I now have to wait for a delivery of my 2nd tail tidy as I was a bit heavy handed and cracked it by overtightening some of the bolts
that and by the time I worked out how to use the rim tape applicator, I had enough left for only 1 side of 1 wheel lol. I'll be damned if I'm using the applicator the way they intended, dunno, instructions were non existent, but it came out perfectly with no wobbling or creasing
So I'll be posting a DIY on that too