View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:13 AM   #22
wyckedflesh
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mikel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Blue Kawasaki KLE650 Versys, '95 Ducati 900SS/CR (undergoing track conversion)

Make certain that your Employer Provided Medical does NOT have a Rider that will not cover you for Motorcycle/ATV/Powersports injuries. Even though they are supposed to notify you at the time you enroll, since they are NOT required to have you initial a section indicating that you are aware of the Rider, they can deny you after the fact. Meaning you find out after they find out it is a Motorcycle or Powersport related injury and send you a bill for what they paid out, OR the Hospital sends you a bill for the full Pop and not with the discount provided to the insurance carrier.

I make sure to ASK that question during Open Enrollment when it is a group meeting. This way, if they tell me at Open Enrollment that it is covered, I have a room full of witnesses :-) Makes it much easier when you send your complaint to the Department of Insurance with 35-40 affidavits that you asked and were told it was covered :-)

BTW I learned this the hard way.