View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:46 PM   #20
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Just so you guys know...

I had nearly the exact scenario from the OP happen to me yesterday on some balding GT-501s (FWIW, general consensus actually seems to slightly prefer these over the BT45s). After my rear broke loose in a turn, I regained traction and continued only to have the rear tire break loose again during the same turn. By this time, I barely had room to try again and was going too fast and wide so I had to try... Yes, it happened a THIRD time even tough I was aware of what was had happened and trying my best to use the front as much as possible (risky in a turn).

That said, I'm EXTREMELY lucky that one of the cars in the second turn lane to my right saw me struggling and let me cut into their lane when I went wide. It was bumper-to-bumper in each lane, so I lucked out.

Anyway, there are references and Kawi part numbers for all three tires in the '08 manual, so I suspect that they used IRC in Japan or something even on the '08 model year. I guess the conversation didn't go quite like that.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote