View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #19
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Got to ride a demo on the FZ6R at Daytona Bike Week today. I love it. It's smooth, comfortable, feels solid, and looks good. Personally I'm in the boat that prefers the more upright of a sport-touring (like the pre-gen 250, the 650R, the 650F, and the FZ6R) over the leaned over the bike and put more weight on your wrists position of bikes like the CBR.

I was impressed with the FZ6R today. I gotta be honest, I was nervous at first about riding a 600cc bike for the first time after spending the last 12k miles getting used to the characteristics of my little 250. I was worried I would screw up or scare myself with the power. However, it was really quite well behaved. The power-band is similar to the ninjette with you feeling a noticeable power gain beyond half-way of the rev range. It definitely has more power then the ninjette, but it's very smooth, refined, and not crazy power. The ride itself is MUCH smoother then my aging little friend. I did get to see and feel the whole rev range (it has a dummy light at red-line to shift lol) thanks to our guide that told us from the start he likes to accelerate hard from turns or lights so we can get a good feel of the bikes. The seat was nicely shaped, had just the right amount of stiffness and cushion to make it quite comfy. The suspension is stronger then the ninjette (no more back and forth from a too soft suspension when speeding up and slowing down) yet it was not harsh at all. In fact I think it did better at absorbing the contours and bumps of the road. Overall it's a great bike for doing anything and going for long or short rides.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote