View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #72
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Well, I got my Driven sprocket on last night. It took a 4' cheater bar and a 2x4. When I heard a loud crack, I thought my 2x4 had just snapped. My impact gun didn't do anything to it. It was crazy tight.

I got a chance to weigh the oem one with the rubber still attached to it. On the same scale as the one I used before, it actually comes up slightly lighter than the Driven sprocket. Maybe I was wrong and they advertised it to be light weight, but not compared to the oem sprocket. Maybe compared to the other aftermarket sprockets? The oem sprocket with rubber weighed in at 6 oz, just like the Driven one, but when I switched to lbs, it read .3 whereas the Driven read .4. I let it sit there to see if the weight would change, but it didn't. I wonder how heavy the JT one is? As far as weight is concerned, I'm glad the Driven one is comparable to the stock one.

One question though, was it ok for me to not reinstall the rubber pieces onto the new sprocket? It seems like they're designed to be dampeners.