View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2011, 08:16 PM   #1
The Blue Rider
ninjette.org member

Name: Terry

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

2009 Versys footpegs on the Ninja 250.

I wanted to share an absurdly easy mod - installation of 2009 Kawasaki Versys footpegs on the '08+. People usually put on all-metal race-type pegs, but if you want to have something rubberized that improves over stock, IMO these are a great and easily acquired choice.

A riding buddy of mine has a Versys and I liked the look of his bike's footpegs: solid, wide, narrow front-to-back, with what looked to be a pretty grippy rubber inlay. More of a real footpeg than the silly soap bars that come stock. I bought a set (no need for the feelers) and IMO they feel worlds better than stock... Better feel, grippy, solid, no problems with vibration, and they're lighter too. They are slightly wider than stock and have a little upturn at the end. I rode something like 550 miles on these the weekend after I installed them, and they're a big improvement.

They are parts # 34028B and 34028C for the KLE650-A9F at Cheap Cycle Parts, $23.19 apiece, and plug right into the Ninjette's mounts with no alterations, just a straight swap re-using the same type of post, spring, and e-clip.
The Blue Rider is offline   Reply With Quote