View Single Post
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:54 PM   #7
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I got my Shift jeans at RevZilla for $35. $50 minus $15 credit I had available. I will say that I would have paid as much as $70 or $80 for the jeans, which is right at retail. I feel I got what I paid for, and would feel the same even at the higher price. I don't believe for a second that $20 jeans of any brand without Kevlar would protect as well.

As far as the jeans not fitting you in the way you need them to AMMOCAN, that is unfortunate. My jeans fit extremely well and the protection is where it needs to be while I am in the riding position. Yes, I do need to wear knee/shin armor and I should wear hip armor (which I'll be investing in at some point), but it isn't really any different than wearing any other pants with protection. The jeans just happen to be much cooler both in temperature and looks.

If I'm riding really hard through back-roads then I'm wearing my track pants. For riding to work on casual Friday and cruising down a road at 70 to dinner on Saturday night, I wear the riding jeans and have MUCH more faith in them than standard blue jeans.
Xoulrath is offline   Reply With Quote