View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM   #13
UltrA_09
ninjette.org member

Name: Ultra!

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R '09, SV650s '07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiro View Post
Do not confuse spools for sliders.They are two completely different things. The spools are made to fit into the hook of the stand so that the rear of the bike can be lifted.They are not designed to protect the bike in a fall. They are not frame sliders.
I believe he is referring to swing-arm sliders - which I can assure you will protect the swing-arm. I have had first-hand experience with it after my lowside on some very rough gravel, and the spool pretty much saved the swing-arm from any damage (I'll upload pictures soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex View Post
^but stands can hook up to rear sliders correct?
Yes, any swing-arm slider will more than likely work with the T-rex Rear Stand (although I would recommend buying the T-Rex spools (10mm) as they are only $12.50, and very reliable.

I also believe there is still a promotion by T-Rex Racing in which the spools come free of charge. When my girlfriend ordered a rear stand, front stand (with triple-tree), and spools, she received a refund for the free set of spools included in her package (ordered in late February).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashun84 View Post
Some of you mentioned "T-Rex front triple-tree" How the quality, I am about to get one~~~~~~ Do I need a proper pin to have it works on our bike?? Thanks
Quality- Excellent. The pin that comes standard on the triple tree is the prefect size for the Ninja 250 (08+).

I highly recommend this stand.
UltrA_09 is offline   Reply With Quote