NinjaFLYBY
Cruisin Down Hwy 1

Name: Lawrence

Motorcycle(s): Ninja250r New Gen 2011

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Slightly ignorant question here:

why are there so many riders on newgens that want the biggest rear tire possible, even when many of the 150 width tires pinch in the rim and cause a funky, non-uniform profile? That's going to make the contact patch even smaller on some lean angles right? My bike still has 130 width tires and I've never had any problem with lean angles. Is this for vanity or is there some kind of benefit I'm not seeing? I mean if it allows you to use a radial instead of a bias-ply I can see that maybe helping some, but wouldn't a sticky tire in the size that doesn't pinch be the best option for grip+contact patch? From what I've read, a 140 doesn't pinch at all. Maybe you should look into a 140 instead of a 150?
Thanks for your input, but when people get into new hobbies such as i, People are in need of information that they don't know. So people who know more about this help guys out like me after viewing ignorant threads like mine lol. I just read 150 would be the max..and thats all i needed to know to justify my question.
NinjaFLYBY is offline   Reply With Quote