View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #94
vkuchhal
ninjette.org member

Name: vibhor

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r -2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by onizthegnome View Post
i usually wear them inside my pants. i only wear them over the pants if im wearing those really slim fitting jeans. just depends on how baggy your pants are. i belive the icon field armor leg protectors come in one size only but i am 5'11", 160lb and have well built calves too so i am sure they will fit your legs.
Thanks for writing in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I wear the Icon field armor and am about your height and weight - they are a good fit. They only come in one size - the adjustability comes with the straps. They fit fine inside or outside pant. I usually wear mine inside my trousers to be a bit more stealth, but I've done both.

My only issue with the Icons is that while perfect on the bike, they slip a bit when I'm doing any significant walking with them -- my legs are a bit skinny. You sound like you might be a perfect fit and avoid this issue. I also live in a tropical climate and you sweat a bit in them, but I suspect that is going to be the case with any decent protection.

I would recommend you also consider the Forcefield Limb Tube knee armor. They look really solid, too.
I live in India and sourcing items from US is a bit difficult for me..
I found a site.. Ridersdiscount which ship products to India without much of the hassle and is also cheap. The forcefield ones are not present on that site... so will have to adjust with either the fieldsheer or the Icon ones..

So going by the verdict given by you all... will go for the Icon one.. as i think non of people in the forum have tried the fieldsheer ones.

Thanks
vkuchhal is offline   Reply With Quote