View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:05 AM   #14
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashmonkey View Post
Not so far...mind you I haven't had the opportunity to ride in a serious rain storm yet. Mostly just prolonged rides in moderate rain fall. Also, some days I go out and purposely get wet haha.

My hands; I generally don't use anything. All of my attempts at wearing waterproof gloves or wearing latex gloves under my riding gloves have all resulted in me getting frustrated....so I just let my hands get soaked haha. The jury's still out on a water resistant glove solution for me.

My Dianese torque boots are apparently water resistant. In all of the rainfalls I've ever ridden in (some of which had fairly large puddles and tons of splashing) my feet have never once gotten wet.

What I have found so far, though, is that if your seat is thoroughly wet, and you sit on it without at least wiping off some of the water, you do get a bit of moisture seepage. It won't soak your pants or anything, but they get kinda damp around the butt area.
Thanks again. All good information.

As far as hand protection... I hear this is one of the better options. http://www.rain-off.com/rdr_cmnt.htm

Another bit of info in case other chime in here. I'm really looking only to cover my current protective gear. I don't really want to buy weather proof protective gear. I just don't have to closet space for more gear.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote