View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:08 AM   #133
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
The easiest way to spot worthless gear is to look for the tag that says ICON.
Well, myself and many others have Icon gear and it has served us just fine. IMHO, you can argue all day long about what brand gear is better than another, but what it comes down to is personal preference and matter of opinion. This goes for about just anything and one usually becomes stuck on a certain brand or has strong feelings about others, as they get older.

For example, my grandmother for the longest time would not buy anything but Zenith TVs and appliances, as anything else to her was not good enough. She would also only go to one store in town to buy it from even if it meant she was going to pay more for it than if she was to buy it from some where else. This is what she had been doing for so many years and there was no convincing her otherwise. Could she have saved money and even purchased something comparable or even better? Most likely, but that doesn't mean she would have been happy.

So, when it comes down to it, especially since it is your money, is that you purchase riding gear that you are comfortable and pleased with. Not every brand is going to be right for everyone, which is why there is more than one to choose from. What one likes and has found to work for them may not be true for someone else, and quite frankly I could care less what anyone else is wearing or using, as to me all that matters is that they are protected and comfortable because I know I will be.