View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #22
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
What's the difference?
The difference is that one still uses countersteering and the other doesn't. FWIW, I don't consider those Harley trikes motorcycles either. The ones I was referring to are the training wheel motorcycles. They are tandem, but have a wheel on each side of the rear for balance purposes for the rider I would imagine.

Those Can-Ams steer like a car, those Harley trikes may (I don't know for certain). For me that makes it not a motorcycle. As far as the Harley trikes, I will still wave at them. The Can-Ams are nothing more than a reverse three-wheeler. I don't wave at three or four-wheelers either (yes I have seen some on the road, most specifically the Raptor).

I don't wave at people in cars when I am on the bike, and when I'm in my car, I don't wave to people on motorcycles. I will wave at others in GTI's or GLIs, and every once in a while someone in any type of VW will wave, and I will wave back to be polite.

For me it simply becomes a matter of when to stop waving. Otherwise you may as well wave at everyone you pass.
Xoulrath is offline   Reply With Quote