Thread: Your First Mods
View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2011, 04:03 PM   #27
c717905
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Black Ninja 250, 2009 Black ZX-6r

In the order I actually did them:
1) OEM seat cowl- I hate the stock seat and the cowl just makes the bike look so much better. I had the cowl for a discount from the dealer before I ever agreed to buy the bike, it was that important to me.
2) Fender eliminator- that huge hunk of plastic just had to go.
3) Brake light modulator- so much safer to have the lights blinking than just solidly on.
4) Kanji decals for "Martial Arts" and "Karate"- important to me given my line of work, plus it makes the bike more mine
5) Silver reflective rimtape- makes me nice and noticeable at night, plus gives the bike a little more style
6) Upgraded both tires to Battlax BT-021s- went with 150/70-17 on the rear and 120/70-17 on the front. I feel mo secure on the bike with better tires and have noticed less slippage while riding. I would go with 150/60-17s next time however from what people have said on here. Those seem to work better.
7) Yoshimura slip-on exhaust- if given the opportunity to do it again, I would have done this first. The sound, the look, the nice cool carbon fiber (literally and figuratively) is a must.
8) Shimmed the carbs- This had the most noticeable improvement in performance on my bike, plus it was great fun to tear into the bike and do some real work.
9) Mirror extenders- these are a must for bigger guys. I can finally see behind me without having to do the chicken with my arms.
10) Yoshimura rear set brackets- really can't notice the difference honestly, but supposed to allow taller guys like me to be more comfortable and have a more aggressive stance.
11) Proton flush mount signals- I just hated the way the stock blinkers looked. They actually aren't as bright as I had thought, but they do look nice.
12) BikeLiteZ integrated brake light- I love the way this looks and it is soooo much brighter and soooo much safer, plus much cleaner looking.
13) Gas cap venting- I actually did this one a few hrs ago so I have yet to see/hear how well it works, but hopefully it will eliminate the whining for which our bikes are known.
14) MRA smoked double bubble windshield- I don't have this one in-hand yet, but it is on order and should be done by the end of the month.

Apparently I have done a few things. I'm debating on getting a Corwin seat, which is obviously supposed to be more comfortable. I am also thinking about an HID upgrade, but I am not exactly confident I can do the wiring.