View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #36
bettysmith
ninjette.org member

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2010 ex250 (Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
Quite a lot of relevance actually. It is vital IMO to understand how alcohol effects the body. It is certainly not something you can figure out as you're drinking. This is something that every driver needs to understand. And of course they expect people to drink and drive because people do drink and then drive. I do. But I also understand how much alcohol I can consume without it having an impact on my ability to drive a car or ride a motorcycle.
Meh, you're right. However, as far as taking a test in regards to operating a motorcycle, I think a question as to how you are effected by alcohol need not be included. The rest of the questions I was shown seemed very relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrain View Post
I know how frustrating it can be. Although back when I got my permit, all you had to do was pay $8, sign a form, and walk out No test at all for the permit. In hindsight, that actually seems like a pretty stupid idea!

I know it seems painfully obvious that drinking and riding is a bad idea. You wouldn't think it needs to be explained, but unfortunately, I think it happens more often than we'd like to believe. They will definitely talk about it in the class, and it's very likely that there'll be a question on the licensing written test about alcohol.

Don't let it get you down. Armed with your experience, you should do fine on Monday and be all set for the course. Enjoy it!
Thanks! I browsed to the PA DMV Motorcycle handbook and took a look over the sections that I had trouble with. Going to keep reading it and preparing myself.

Thanks all for the insightful posts, and taking the time to contribute.
bettysmith is offline   Reply With Quote