View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbuck View Post
I used to sell tools at sears and I've seen these screwdriver bit sockets many times. Heres a set that has # 1-4.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...3&blockType=G3

If you just need the #3 bit they sell those separately for around 7 bucks if I remember correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbuck View Post
The single bits are hanging on the wall with the other standard hex sockets. They are just a little hard to find because of lazy employees like me hanging them up wherever.
Well, I mostly went to Lowes/Home Depot and Harbor Freight though I bought my hex bit set at a Sears Essentials store in November and didn't see anything like it. I should have known that they exist in some fashion even though it appears that I am expected to take a standard screwdriver bit and insert it into a socket. That means I may have everything I need already and I was feeling stupid for not realizing that it's what you're expected to do if you want a phillips head on your ratcheting socket wrench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
i should have gone to that tech day......

if you want you can pm me your address and i'll mail you my phillips bit and socket
and just mail it back to me when you're done.......?
do you have a 1/4" drive ratchet?

im in San Bernardino county btw
Thanks anyway, but the standard screwdriver bit costs $0.67 at Harbor Freight and I'm sure it fits into one of my sockets, so I'll just do that if I have to. This thread wasn't looking for a solution, if just to share a forehead-slapping moment in case it can help others avoid one of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergemoat View Post
Maybe you should look into a striking impact driver, wont help with the socket issue but it'll take of the bar ends cheaper than in 12v impact. I use them for getting rusty brake drums off.
Combined with the mini pencil torch, I'm sure a regular bit in a socket snapped on to a ratcheting wrench will for fine. Thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuongism View Post
Jet, we'll probably schedule another Tech Day soon if you can wait or we can schedule a time individually and I can remove them for you. We didn't even use heat for Keven's to remove his today and Dustin didn't use heat to remove his either. Maybe CA men are stronger?
Oh, I plan to be there, but I have so many other things to do that I want to have this done already.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote