View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2011, 11:52 PM   #5
SaintJPN
ninjette.org member

Name: Saint

Motorcycle(s): 2009 KAW Ninja250r

I own a pair of Icon Accelerant Waterproof Boots.

First impressions: Looks good, takes time to actually put on and tighten the laces which are supposed to be speed laces but turn out to take an extra long time adjusting and the strap is a little bit of a pain to get exactlly how you want it every time you put the boots on.

The boots are 100% waterproof for about the first 2 months, after that I noticed that the speed laces towards the toes start to really tug on the material and seperate from the boot making a very nice entry point for water to enter.

Crash test: There's a steel shank in the mid soul and the boots are pretty thick due to all the lining for waterproofing. Compared to a regular pair of leather work boots they are much better at safety but compared to a pair of race boots, no contest...the race boots are extremely better due to protection from crushing. I broke the bone in my foot that contects my heel bone to the rest of my foot which unforunately is the centerpoint of most of the stress is taken.

My personal opinnion: wish I would have thrown a little more money at a better pair of boots and invested in a set of boot rain covers which I currently use and greatly appreciate.

Quick fixes for waterproofing: plastic bag trick (see first post) or tons of water repellant spray (1 can here in Japan is about $22 so I usually go with the plastic bag).
SaintJPN is offline   Reply With Quote