View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #38
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer x View Post
Like I said I am not 100 % sure. But I believe the ball bearing crank engines have different oil pressure and volume than plain bearing cranks.
I've never seen an engine with ball bearings. Anyhow, an engine doesn't dictate what kind of bearing a turbo has. From personal experience, on a mitsubishi 3000gt, which uses standard bearings, the oem turbos use journal bearings. However, there are many 3000gt's/stealths out there that have upgraded to using ball bearing turbos.

In either instance, the same oil pump is used and it doesn't affect the turbo. I'm a noob when it comes to these 250 motors so I don't know much about them. I would suspect that since they are able to rev 2x as high as most cars, the oiling isn't going to be a big issue. The oil capacity may change to include some for the turbo, but I don't see there being an issue from using journal or ball bearing turbos on the 250. The question is how do you get the oil circulating thru the turbo from the oil pump? Does the 250 use a dry or wet sump system?