View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #7
FrugalNinja250
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Frugal

Motorcycle(s): Several

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
As indicated above, it is the 18" long stainless muffler only. With the 2.0" inlet/core/outlet, it is slightly louder than the long quiet core, but much quieter than the standard 12" muffler. No aftermarket muffler will be as quiet as the original oem system. Sound data & bytes are on our website for referance. The system should have no bearing on your helmet lock and/or location, but honestly I've never been asked that question before. Look at the picture and see if this will possibly answer this for you.
The stock pregen helmet lock location places the helmet (face shield in my particular case) in direct contact with the left muffler, generally resulting in something melting, unless one waits long enough for it to cool down after a ride. The Area P system has one muffler on the right, making the helmet lock usable to me. IIRC you said an O2 sensor bung can be welded in place, can you supply one? Or suggest where to get one? I've got a TIG welder and just finished TIG class so should be able to weld it on myself.

Thanks!
FrugalNinja250 is offline   Reply With Quote