Motorcycle(s): 2006 zx636r

Quote:
Originally Posted by phr3ek View Post
how did it lose power?

happened to me twice on the freeway on one trip
i was applying constant throttle, then bike started slowing down
started twisting the throttle, but there was no response
after 3-5 seconds throttle response comes back like nothing was wrong
When I was on the freeway it kinda felt like I was loosing gas, but I just filled up the night before, and the RPMs dropped to 4000 and when i pulled in the clutch to slow down on the shoulder of the road the bike just died.

Its happened a couple times now after filling up Tuesday night, not on the freeway though. And its weird, one time I was on it hard and I pulled in the clutch preparing for a light and the bike instantly died, 9k to 0 right away. Then yesterday I pulled to the side of the road to wait for a friend and the bike refused to idle anything higher then 1k, and if I gave it any gas is shut off, with the choke on I could at least keep it running.

I'm so lost on this one, nothing makes sense, I'm going to check that little ass fuel filter and see if its clogged, if it is i,m draining the gas. If its not I'm checking plugs

I seems to me that it happens after the bike has been ridden then let cool for like 20-30 min then ridden again. If I leave it over night then ride it, it seems to be ok
Kevin2109 is offline   Reply With Quote