View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #30
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgeois View Post
I wouldn't actually do it. I've just never had something make me want to get out as bad as racing. I just think it's funny that I've considered it because the option to get the time off is a big pain in the ass and has to be done way ahead of time.

We're supposed to deploy again soon and one of the guys I work with thinks it's funny that I don't want to deploy, not because I'd be getting shot at or could get killed, but because I want to race.
Brian, Those multiple deployments really suck. I was a medic with the 173Rd Airborne Brigade in Vietnam. I was deployed once and went back for a second tour because of all the hostility we faced coming home. I think that these multiple deployments are going to come back and bite us in the a$$. Our local National Guard unit will be going on its fifth deployment. Two years ago we had 1200 men deployed just from Midcoast Maine. There are not a hell of a lot of people up here so everybody was affected. Keep your head down and your powder dry. Be safe, brother. Semper Fi.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote