View Single Post
Old May 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM   #12
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

LOL, I built one of those last year and keep it on my desk in the office. People don't notice much, but when they do they get a kick out of it. There was a video on youtube that went viral, and after seeing it over 10 times I noticed I wasn't laughing any less, so I too had to have one. I'll scare up the DIY link and post it here.

Edit: Here is the original video that went viral. I think the music added a lot of charm and was responsible for some of the laughs. I noticed they now have parts kits available, as well as DIYs, unlike the "old days" when we had to go to RS to bend over.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Here is the Instructables DIY I used: http://www.instructables.com/id/The-...eless-Machine/
It is done by the same guy.

Hint: I HIGHLY recommend using a General-Purpose IC PC Board. It is a $2 part at RS, and made the soldering MUCH, MUCH easier than trying to "dead bug" it like on the original DIY.

Trivia: This was actually invented at Bell Labortories in the late 40s or 50s as gifts to the Execs. I believe the originals were small coffins and a hand came out to throw the switch.

headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote