View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #91
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

KKim,
Your advice is sage and worthy of serious consideration by all riders. Avoiding an incident like this is part of defensive driving skills. But, while you don't condone the truckers' actions many of us that have been threatened with death want to condem, convict, and procecute the attack just like an aggrevated assault. The video clearly shows malicious intent. The only reason he didn't die is he got around the truck with only inches of pavement remaining.
My first encounter was with a guy that passed me, he turned around and looked over his right shoulder and looked me straight in the eye, then proceeded to turn into me. Only by aggressive braking was I able to not get hit. A few miles later I came upon a Highway Patrol station (Palatka Fl) and described the assault to the trouper on duty and gave him the license plate number. He yawned and said I can't do anything 'cause the guy will deny it. When someone deliberately tries to kill you on the open road KKim it has the same emotional effect as one trying to shoot you for no reason. Your advice to avoid encounters is good for the readership but I think many of us are surprised at your lack of outrage. Cheers to you, Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote