View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:47 PM   #116
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
My take on this vid is that the bike riders came up on driver type #3 and antagonized him further by pushing him like the second rider seems to be doing, by trying to get around. The truck seems to be blocking him from passing which is why he's all over the road in the turns. (btw, I thought the truck driver did a pretty good job of controlling that POS, especially with an ATV in the bed. says to me he's local and knows the road.)
You need to take another look at that video I think kkim. The second rider NEVER made any attempt at even wanting to pass the truck. The truck driver wasn't trying to block the second rider but rather trying to catch up to and run over the first rider. The second rider was only keeping up with the truck to keep a visual record of him and to eventually catch up with his riding mate hopefully in enough time to prevent this guy from doing something even more stupid.

You will notice that at no point does the second rider cross the line. You will also notice he tries to keep a safe distance while maintaining visual contact. Whenever the truck slowed down, so did the second rider, he also did not try to use these times to attempt a pass as you seem to suggest. From the looks of the video the second rider had absolutely no intention of passing that truck.

I'm surprised at how people here are shocked to find him stopped. One of the first rules in group riding is that if you get separated, find a place to stop and attempt to regroup. That's all the first rider was doing, stopping to attempt to regroup with his riding buddy.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote