View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #120
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
You need to take another look at that video I think kkim. The second rider NEVER made any attempt at even wanting to pass the truck. The truck driver wasn't trying to block the second rider but rather trying to catch up to and run over the first rider. The second rider was only keeping up with the truck to keep a visual record of him and to eventually catch up with his riding mate hopefully in enough time to prevent this guy from doing something even more stupid.

You will notice that at no point does the second rider cross the line. You will also notice he tries to keep a safe distance while maintaining visual contact. Whenever the truck slowed down, so did the second rider, he also did not try to use these times to attempt a pass as you seem to suggest. From the looks of the video the second rider had absolutely no intention of passing that truck.

I'm surprised at how people here are shocked to find him stopped. One of the first rules in group riding is that if you get separated, find a place to stop and attempt to regroup. That's all the first rider was doing, stopping to attempt to regroup with his riding buddy.
I DON'T think he was trying to run anyone over. He was attempting to block, realized that he nearly caused a potentially deadly accident, then tried to get away from the witness that was now tailing him. He may have wanted the bike in front to feel threatened so that they would both pull over and he could go on, but he was probably just panicing at that point. He may have thought they would jump him (hence, the crowbar) or knew that they were going to call the police.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote